Welcome to Peddlecar Quilts!




Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Spring Market!


While I was in Utah a few weeks ago, I saw this quilt in the Corn Wagon Quilt Co. store and fell in love with it. It is made completely of Kaffe Fasset fabrics which I love. So I collected more pieces to add to my collection so I could make my own version, but definitely with Kaffe Fasset fabrics. The pattern is called Cinnamon and Ginger by Allison Designs, and I am going to make my border in the shot cotton instead of a print. So here are the fat quarters I've chosen so far, and we shall see how it comes together, but I really liked the dark blue/purple shot cotton for the background. I'm so happy to have a bit of a break from Spring Market quilts, that I hope to sew up all kinds of quilts that are on the shelves waiting for me, and this one is high on the list!!

I am actually even finding time to read books and plant flowers, a couple of other favorite pastimes of mine. Right now? Life is good. Time on my hands is a good thing!!

It has been over 100 degrees for days, and little Roxy, who isn't so little anymore has had enough! We got home from a morning walk and she plopped down with all legs spread on the cool tile floor to cool off! She is a real mess!


This is the finished quilt I called "Earth's Windows" by a line called Mendicino by P&B Textiles. I'm anxious to hear what response it got at the show.
I'm going to share some exciting news I received 2 days ago about the next 3 quilts I designed for Benartex. They were all picked up by magazines from Spring Market. That has never happened before, and I'm excited to hear more details. But thought you might enjoy seeing them here for a sneak peak.
This one is from a line called Memoirs of a Geisha,
Flower Show 3,
and my favorite, True Blue by Eleanor Burns for Benartex. I got so inspired by finishing up all the quilts that I decided to change my sewing room up a little. Well, maybe alot. I had this extra couch that was in the den before we turned it into my husband's poker room. It stayed in the living room all winter, which made it nice and cozy, but I was dying to get a feeling of extra space in the living room for summer. So I had this wild idea that it should go into the sewing room! I got out the good old tape measure and before you knew it, my couch was standing on end because it wouldn't get through the door otherwise. Yes, I did this all by myself, because well, when I get something in my head, I just can't wait!!! It's not a real heavy couch, and with lots of manuevering and leverage I managed to finally get it into the right spot, and there you can see that I have my own couch for stretching out and doing hand work right in the sewing room! When I told my husband what I was up to all he could do was laugh on the phone.

I think he knows by now that where there's a will there's a way!!








So here it is and I love it! Couldn't be more perfect! Roxy is still not so sure!
See you soon. Keep quilting!




3 comments:

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Good Morning Diane,

The quilts are beautiful but I know you're glad to have some resting time.

I like the couch in the sewing room - you will use it more than you imagine. Looks like a cozy place to just sit and do some hand quilting and relax.

Have a fabulous day.
Lynn

Rhonda said...

Hi Diane,
Thanks for sharing your quilts.... they're beautiful!
Take care,
Rhonda

Mama Spark said...

Wow, you have done a lot of designing and are so successful! I am just beginning to make some of my original designs into quilts

Twilight Christmas

Take180.comview